Subject: Re: inetd terminating!!
To: None <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/28/2000 10:04:32
Oh man thank you so much!

I have been working on this switch over all night!  The turn up on NetBSD
from an SGI went great!  Then the users started POPing in. 5:00am 1 or two
every so often, but then 8:00am came...

The reason I suspected DNS issues, was because I kept getting, in the
message log:
Dec 28 09:56:02 mail inetd[28362]: warning: can't verify hostname:
gethostbyname2(pc32.midamerica.net, 2) failed

Because my predicessor's didn't believe in trying to maintane RR.

I learned something new....

John Maier
Administrator
Midamerica Internet Services