Subject: Re: Playing video (MPEG, AVI, QT)
To: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
From: Emre <emre@srengineering.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/18/2000 12:48:28
On Monday 18 December 2000 10:31, Steven Grunza wrote:
> Which applications are preferred for playing video /w/ audio on NetBSD?
> I'm using i386, SPARC, and eventually SPARC64 platforms and would like to
> play MPEG and AVI files.  I will probably also want to be able to play DVD
> files; however, for the SPARC's the connection will be to a DVD-ROM drive
> over a network.  Any hints or suggestions appreciated.  Thanks.

Search your packages collection, under "graphics":

mpeg_play-2.4patched -- Program to play mpeg movies on X displays
mtv-1.1.4 --  MPEG Video+Audio and VCD Player

Also I doubt you will be able to play AVI, but I think xanim has some
(crappy?) suuport for it:

xanim-2.80.1  --  play most popular animation formats and show pictures

Cheers

--
Emre Yildirim, Information Security Officer
GPG KeyID 0x92FE42F4 | http://1086362465/emre-dsa.asc