Subject: Re: Is NetBSD for me ?
To: New Star Service Company <nestar@globalctg.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/15/2000 12:32:55
On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, New Star Service Company wrote:

> I'm single user.
> Firstly I used Win95 next win98 S.E
> sometimes windows give me much trouble.
> so I decided to use NetBSD and also I want to learn Unix.

Excellent choice.

> and I do hope netbsd-users group help me lot.
> Can I use NetBSD in my desktop ?

You can use NetBSD to run a lot of different applications. But it mostly
depends on what you want to do.

> Do anyone use NetBSD in desktop here ?

I use NetBSD on my home workstation. I run X, use blackbox as my
window manager and use netscape, links (and lynx), vim, gvim, nedit,
Gimp and other programs to do every day work.

There is a website: http://www.jp.netbsd.org/ja/ -- maybe it can help.

> I want to buy NetBSD -1.5  current release from Japan.
> so I need details address.
> Please inform vendors name and address or telephone numbers .

I am not sure about from Japan. But check out
http://www.netbsd.org/Sites/cdroms.html.

> I want to buy complete box with manual.

I don't know if any come with an actual book. (On a side note: I am
researching/beginning to write a generic Unix book using mostly NetBSD for
the examples.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/