Subject: Sendmail.cf?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/12/2000 14:16:13
It seems as if the default sendmail.cf distributed with NetBSD-1.5 has
tightened up relaying to the point where if I try to send mail as
xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net from Outlook Express on my work machine through
ghostpriest.rakis.net's sendmail, it denies me with

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'srd@sp00ky.com'. Subject 'A
test', Account: 'ghostpriest.rakis.net', Server: 'ghostpriest.rakis.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '450 4.7.1 <srd@sp00ky.com>... Relaying
temporarily denied. Cannot resolve PTR record for 209.21.242.34', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 450, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Now, editing a sendmail.cf file is not something I'm very familiar with. So
I was hoping to edit the m4 file and generate a new cf file. I grab the
gnusrc tarball to get at src/gnu/dist/sendmail/cf/cf (as mentioned in the
begining of /etc/mail/sendmail.cf). And there's no netbsd-proto.mc for me to
edit. What gives?
TIA
--
-Simon Raahauge DeSantis