Subject: 1.5 rc questions
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Heath <justin@bbnow.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/10/2000 18:24:17
Is there any documentation (besides 'man rc') on the new system rc.d and
startup scripts? I would like to add/remove some things from the system
startup. Adding an entry '/etc/rc.d/foo start' to rc.local did not seem
like a correct and/or clean way of doing this.

I would also like some more information on the 'network' startup script.
This seems do be adding IPv6 routes which I do not need and want to
disable. Also I am not sure what else I need for an IPv4 network (cable)
to function correctly. Before (while using 1.4.2) I had an 'ifconfig'
line in rc.conf whic now seems unessecary with a specific network
startup script. I have myname, mygate, hosts, and resolv.conf all setup
correctly but the networking does not start up without later using
'ifconfig' and 'route'. Any help is appreciated.

--Justin Heath