Subject: Re: rxvt, *term umlaut problem
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu.rinta-aho@nomadiclab.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/09/2000 21:28:14
On 9 Nov 2000, Johan Danielsson wrote:

> But you get blanks, and not stripped characters (`e' where there
> should be an `=E4')?

Thats right.

> I get the same behaviour with rxvt, but the `-km noenc' option makes
> it less confused. I have no experience with rxvt though, so I can't
> say how to really fix it. From what I've seen of it (two minues worth
> of testing), I think I'll stick with plain old xterm...

Well, if xterm would have worked for me, I probably just
started to use it and not to ask the question at all... But
it is the same with xterm for me.

But hey, `rxvt -km noenc=B4 really made the umlauts appear!!
Thanks... But now I lost couple of other characters, like
the pipe sign, the star, etc. but I will work on it. Thank you.

Teemu