Subject: Re: 1.5_BETA/i386 ISO image available
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/31/2000 10:58:57
On 31.10.00, 14:58:16, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:

> Any ideas on when NetBSD-1.5 would be released ?  Should I download the
> ISO image and use it, or should I wait for some more time ?  Is it OK to
> use a BETA version -- it's just for a home machine.

I'vew been using 1.5_ALPHA(2) and _BETA for some time on my machine
for a while and I'd say it's by far stable enough for a home machine.

I would probably not use it for an enterprise server, if only for the
boss's frowning looks upon seeing the "BETA" tag.

I haven't had a single crash with 1.5_BETA.

All my machines (Server, router, notebook, Amiga) run 1.5_BETA now. No
trouble.

I think for home use the advantages (SOFTDEP, LFS, more complete Linux
emulation) are worth it.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - here today and in the middle of 2038 tomorrow.
		-- Julian Assange