Subject: Re: Does the CVSup work on NetBSD?
To: Shunji Kubota <kubota@icsd2.tj.chiba-u.ac.jp>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/26/2000 22:27:35
On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 03:06:19AM +0900, Shunji Kubota wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I want to use CVSup on NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA2. It does not seem
> available in pkgsrc, so I try to compile it from source...
> CVSup says it requires the Modular-3 system, but I can't
> get it to work because it needs a (binary) bootstrap program
> which is only available for NetBSD in a.out format.

a.out NetBSD binaries are available with the standard CVSup
distribution.

m3 runs on NetBSD a.out, but not ELF - yet.

> Does anyone get CVSup to work on NetBSD?
> Any comment will be appreciated.

FreeBSD emulation will let you run FreeBSD ELF binaries, and a.out
compatibility will let you run the NetBSD a.out binaries, so you
have your pick of two ways. :-)

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods