Subject: Re: How to tune NFS performance?
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/26/2000 16:04:06
On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 11:02:49PM -0500, Dave Huang wrote:
> I've got a NetBSD/alpha 1.5_BETA machine with fxp NIC that I'd like to
> use as a NFS server for a handful of clients (probably around 3
> machines). What can I do to improve the performance? Writes (from the
> client to the server) in particular seem to be rather slow; with a
> NetBSD/i386 1.5_BETA and vr NIC as the client, I get about
> 2Mbytes/second:

I made some improvements recently that should help you. But, they
were too late to make it into 1.5, and I suppose that you do not
want to run -current on these machines.

I can probably send you a diff if you want, though.

What you should at least try is bumping the read and write size
further (to 16k).

- Frank