Subject: Laptops without Windows
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/10/2000 07:18:03
   I am considering purchasing a laptop that will run
NetBSD and have already checked out the link

http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/netbsd/laptops-and-netbsd.html

   I would like to purchase a laptop without Windows
preinstalled, with a modem that works with NetBSD and
a sound and graphics chip that is compatible.  It
seems the ASUS L7000 almost has everything I am
looking for. I have however run into one problem, the
graphics chip.  It is an SMI 910 graphics accelerated
chip.  This chip is not listed on XFree's list of
supported cards.  If there is commercial software out
there with support for this chip that runs on NetBSD
please let me know.  Also if anyone is using an ASUS
laptop with NetBSD now I would appreciate feedback on
its functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Ian