Subject: pkg startup scripts
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/21/2000 15:13:23
I have a few a startup scripts under /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/. In the past I
have simply pointed to these scripts or added pkg startups in my
/etc/rc.local.

What is the best way to handle this?

(If this is documented, please share where.)

Suppose I add numerous startup scripts under /usr/pkg/etc/ -- do I have to
link or add them manually to /etc/rc.local for example.

My system is 1.4.2 -- but I don't have /etc/rc.d (I believe this feature
was added after my install.)

Also, what is the easiest way to update my /etc/rc to know how to use
my /etc/rc.d/ scripts (when I start using them)?

(Or is the proper way, just to setup my /etc/mk.conf BUILD to point to /
or something like that?)

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/