Subject: Re: full-screen ps viewer
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/18/2000 08:57:40
On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Antti Kantee wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good fullscreen postscript viewer which could be
> used for giving presentations? I tried scanning through pkgsrc, but
> didn't catch anything suitable. I'm looking for something similar to
> ctrl-l in acroread.

Try:
gv (a PostScript and PDF previewer) located at pkgsrc/print/gv.

I didn't test it but there are screensize, maxwidth and maxheight settings
that may be able to make it use fullscreen. (By fullscreen I guess you
mean without a menu.)

Or: gvu (Ghostview -- An X11 user interface for ghostscript) located with
pkgsrc/misc/siag. (It seems like it should be packaged by itself -- but
the README says it is some special Siag version.)

From a quick read of the options I don't see how you can disable the menu,
but the menu only takes up a little real estate -- you can resize the
window and drag them menu above the screen.

Both gv and gvu appear to work with keystrokes. Plus maybe it is easy to
add some option or code some feature at compile time to disable the menu.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/