Subject: RAIDframe works fine, but I'm wondering...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Dinsen <anders2@dinsen.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/23/2000 23:12:21
I've got three old slow disks that I'd like to concatenate using RAID 0,
similar to using ccd, but with RAIDframe, since it's more powerful
and easier to get to work as far as I can see.

I've experimented a using two vnode-disks, with success (except the kernel
panic'ed when they were only 1MB large - works fine with two 20 MB disks?
anyone know if this is a known problem or should I submit a pr?)

But I was wondering how it works with booting. After doing 'raidctl -C
rfconfig raid0' and making an entry in /etc/fstab, what more do I need to
configure to make the file system come up and be mounted automatically? I
do not plan to use the raid disk as root-fs.

I'm running 1.4.1/i386.

Thanks!

--
Anders Dinsen