Subject: Re: Routing problem
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/16/2000 09:15:32
> Problems, as always.  NetBSD's route command doesn't allow for specifying
> a network interface, only a gateway address.  I'm trying to route a subnet
> behind a separate gateway machine (NetBSD), but route always picks the wrong
> network interface and things don't work.

This is not currently possible due to limitations in the routing
socket.  I was working on some changes in this area a while back but
never got around to merging them past the KAME/ipv6 commit..

> route add -net a.b.c.192 a.b.c.140 -netmask 0xffffffc0
>
> on NetBSD1, it adds the route, but via interface ppp0.

What netmask are you using on ppp0 and on the ethernet side?  If the
ppp0 netmask doesn't include a.b.c.140, it should work...

					- Bill