Subject: [sort of off-topic] strongarm or ppc boards
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Faried Nawaz <fn@hungry.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/11/2000 21:38:26
Hello,

This isn't related to NetBSD in particular, but I'm guessing someone here
might be able to help me.  I don't expect NetBSD to be ported to what I want
(but it would be a plus!).

I'm interested in running a compute farm and was wondering if anyone knew of
a company that sells PPC or StrongARM boards.  Something with SIMM or DIMM
slots, an RTC, and an ethernet interface (or some sort of high speed bus
interface) would be ideal.

Buying a few PCs (old or new) isn't a practical option for me right now
(plus, I'd be paying for lots of things I don't need, like hard drives and
video cards).  I'm strictly doing this as a hobby, and can't really pay much
for what I need.

Thanks,

Faried.