Subject: Re: Linux emulation problems
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/07/2000 10:46:59
>  > > >     9805 bash     CALL  #164 (unimplemented setresuid)
>
> Um... I added this system call to NetBSD-current's Linux emulation
> quite some time ago.

I've since found that out, having recently upgraded to the 0526 snapshot
(That trace was taken on 1.4.2).  The upgrade was painless, and I can
finally control my CD-ROM from software!

Unfortunately VisualAge for Java still doesn't working: it progresses
as before:

    Warning: NULL ArgVal in XtGetValues
    Warning: NULL ArgVal in XtGetValues
    Warning: NULL ArgVal in XtGetValues
    Warning: NULL ArgVal in XtGetValues   [...repeated many times...]
    X Error: BadColor (invalid Colormap parameter)

And instead of dumping core as before, it begins spinning.
Haven't tracked it down any further than that -- yet.

--
"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell." - Aldous Huxley