Subject: PPPoE client for NetBSD
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Mottram <minaret@sprynet.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/26/2000 12:23:20
I have ported the Roaring Penguin PPPoE client to NetBSD 1.4.2.   As it
requires pppd(8) version 2.3.7 or later, I have ported pppd 2.3.10 as
well.  Everything you need can be found here:

    http://home.sprynet.com/~minaret/pppoe/

I don't know how these things operate but it would be great if the newer
pppd code could somehow make its way into the general NetBSD
distribution.

I've been using the Linux version of the Roaring Penguin client for
about a month and it works flawlessly.  The BSD port has been running
well for me for the past few days so I wanted to get it out to any of
you who could use it.  I've been in contact with Roaring Penguin and
they are more than happy to incorporate the BSD changes into their
source tree.  This will make it much easier to stay up to date with
their latest releases.

I haven't gotten the hang of making packages and I wouldn't know how to
submit a package anyway.  If someone would point me in the right
direction, I'll give it try.

Geoff Mottram
minaret@sprynet.com