Subject: Re: NetBSD Documentation Project and Ranting
To: Perry E. Metzger <netbsd_alpha@yahoo.com>
From: Mocha <netbsd_alpha@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/24/2000 22:54:18
At 11:19 PM 5/24/00 -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>NetBSD is a user managed project. If you're interested in all these
>things, the easiest way to get stuff going is to start working on
>something yourself. For example, I've (on several occasions) said
>"there ought to be a..." and done something about it. If you are
>interested in having the things you mention happen, there is no surer
>source of labor for the project than your own efforts...

i agree. i'll have something for you guys after this big project. for a
while now, i wanted to contribute to making the netbsd's website more
"interesting" and interactive. so people will come back not only to check
on the status of the latest release but make it a "home" for them.

i'll draft up a proposal for the changes to the website.. and even will
have a demo site for you to look at. yes it'll work on Lynx ;-) it'll be
driven by PHP and some kind of db backend (mysql/postgres). are those
options available on the website?