Subject: Re: perl-5.6.0 on 1.4.2/i386
To: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/22/2000 09:47:36
>I saw a posting drift past (I think on -help) asking about building
>perl5 on NetBSD-1.4.2/i386.  Like the author of that posting I've
>tried building perl-5.6.0, and while the build works and the
>non-broken-by-design parts of the test suite pass the install blows up:

i remember seeing this when i tried to build it on a 1.3.3 system.  i
never got it to work.

>Unfortunately I ran out of time and haven't got back to this yet, so:
>
>- can anyone confirm whether perl 5.6.0 builds and installs on any
>  NetBSD platform, 1.4.2 or -current?

-current as of may 12 works fine, except for one test that notes that
it will probably fail on bsd systems: t/pragma/warnings.t.  i haven't
tried anything spectacular with the binary yet...

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|