Subject: Re: Quota and mail.local
To: Wes Zuber <wes@uia.net>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/12/2000 22:04:29
On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 11:44:43AM -0700, Wes Zuber wrote:
> exceed quota on users in the directory. However mail.local does not seem to
> honor the quota. I can still send mail to users who are over their quota.
Yes, I guess because mail.quota is run by your MTA (sendmail?) as root.

> I have used mail.local from 1.4.1 and also compiled and installed mail.local
> from sendmail 8.9.3 with the same results.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?
Try procmail for local delivery. We use it for exact this reason.

Oh, and if you run a pop/imap/something server that copies the mailbox (or
creates other temporary files owned by the user) when a user accesses his
account make sure that it uses another partition for stuff like that so that
users with "full" mailboxes aren't locked out.

--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.