Subject: Re: Perl make question
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@colltech.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/11/2000 09:30:01
On Wed, 10 May 2000 16:32:58 -0500 (CDT) Richard Rauch
<rkr@rkr.kcnet.com> wrote:

> I am not aware of details about Perl versions, but is there a reason that
> you don't use NetBSD's pkgsrc?  Or were you simply unaware of pkgsrc?  If
> you chose not to install pkgsrc on your system when installing NetBSD, you
> should be able to download the .tar.gz archive from the NetBSD site.

If someone wants to use the latest version of perl5 they
must manually build it. Its not available through NetBSD's
package system.

lang/perl5 builds perl-5.004_04 which is outdated by 5.004_05
lang/perl5-current builds perl-5.005_03 which is outdated by
5.6.0

Elfin.
roskens@colltech.com