Subject: GET OUT THE VOTE! Please support Java port to *BSD
To: None <freebsd-java@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org,>
From: John Daniels <jmd526@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/02/2000 20:46:30
Hi:

Since last week when the message below and other messages began to
circulate, approximately 230 votes have been cast for the java port to *BSD.
  This has raised our total count to 3182, an increase of 7.75%.
Additionally, it is heartening to read the comments left by those who have
voted which clearly demonstrate the depth of loyalty that *BSD users have
for their platform of choice.

Greg Lewis, who heads the FreeBSD-java porting effort has released the first
"alpha" patchset for FreeBSD, the seventh in a series of patchsets
representing months of work by many *BSD-ers.  These volunteers have made a
tremendous effort that is sure to enhance the *BSD plaform whether Sun comes
around to an "official" port or not.  The best way to say "Thanks" is to 1)
help with testing, 2) VOTE!

FYI: I am not a part of the java porting team, just a user who would like to
use a native port and support the *BSD platform.

John