Subject: Re: Disklabel / boot problem
To: Peter Joules <peter@joules0.demon.co.uk>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/20/2000 22:35:14
> Is there a way that I can install the NetBSD bootloader such that it
> will boot standalone without losing the data on the drive?  Ideally I
> would like to do this using  the  boot floppy from the install set if
> possible rather than having to put the drive back in the original
> machine to boot from hard disk.

This sounds like the initial boot sector is the one which only works
with LILO; see the fdisk(8) manpage for details on how to replace the
bootcode, particularly the -i and possibly also the -B flags ..

You should be able to do this from the shell you can get from the
install floppy/floppy set.

					- Bill