Subject: Re: another problem burning CDs
To: Mike Parson <mparson@ucan.foad.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/27/2000 13:40:17
At 09:39 AM 3/27/00 -0800, Mike Parson wrote:
>You're feeding two different fs types, -R (rockridge) and -J (MS-Joliet).
>
>Should work OK, if you pick one or the other.

Yep - picking rockridge only made it work. Thanks.

I *thought* I had understood from the stuff I read that a single CD could
support multiple directory types. Is that untrue? Or is there a deficiency
in mkhybrid? (Or is it maybe just that rockridge and joliet in particular
conflict with each other in their bastardization of the 9660 format? Hmm -
or is it because Joliet doesn't support symlinks, and for some reason
mount_cd9660 is preferring Joliet over RockRidge? Enquiring minds want to
know! ;-)