Subject: mixer control doesn't work for CD audio
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/15/2000 18:20:19
In preparation for the arrival of my I-opener (which I plan to use for
playing mp3's, among other things), I bought a cheap soundcard for my
NetBSD server and started playing around with it. One thing I've noticed
is that, while the "PCM" mixer control in xmmix works just fine for
controlling the volume of computer-generated audio (mp3, etc):

1) The CD mixer control has no effect on the CD volume

2) Left and Right are swapped for the PCM mixer - turning down the "R"
   reduces volume of the left ear in my headphones, and vice versa.

I also tried xmix, and it gave similar results.

So, 1) any ideas why the CD mixer control doesn't work?, and 2) is there
a switch somewhere to swap left and right?

Here's the dmesg output for stuff related to the card (could I get
better results by disabling wss and using some other driver?). I'm
running -current as of a couple days ago:

wss1 at isapnp0 port 0x534/4,0x388/4,0x220/16 irq 5 drq 1,0
wss1: Crystal Codec WSS/SB: CS4236B compatible
audio0 at wss1: full duplex, mmap
opl0 at wss1: model OPL3
midi1 at opl0: WSS Yamaha OPL3
joy0 at isapnp0 port 0x200/8
joy0: Crystal Codec GAME
joy0: joystick not connected
isapnp0: <Crystal Codec, CSC0010, , CTRL> port 0x120/8 not configured
isapnp0: <Crystal Codec, CSC0003, , MPU> port 0x330/2 irq 9 not configured