Subject: Re: tracking CURRENT
To: None <toast@iinet.net.au>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/26/2000 09:29:16
Andrew Crossley wrote
> Hello again,
>
> Thankyou all for your advice.  It is a great helpi n both the technical and
> conceptual issues for the manual.
>
> FYI here is my latest printcap file, as things are printing perfectly under X
> now.
>
> #! /usr/local/bin/magicfilter
> #	$NetBSD: printcap,v 1.4 1997/02/15 10:02:22 mikel Exp $
> #	from: @(#)printcap	8.1 (Berkeley) 6/9/93
> lp|local line printer:\
> 	:sh:lp=/dev/lp:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:if=/usr/local/libexec/magicfilter/bj200-filter:
>
> Thankyou Nate, putting #! /usr/local/bin/magicfilter at the very top worked and
> so did the explanation.  I will include that in the book.

G'day,

can someone tell me why this line apparently needs to be present in
the printcap file? I am sorry, if this was explained in one of the
previous emails, but we suffered from multiple blackouts which brought
down my workstation and fear that some of my email got lost in the
process. The reason for my question is that I am running NetBSD and
magicfilter since year dot using a BJ300 and Kyocera FS600 printer and
never had any problem with the default printcap file generated by
magicfilter.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes