Subject: Re: aliases in kde
To: Andrew Crossley <toast@iinet.net.au>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/25/2000 14:46:10
On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 08:17:37PM -0800, Andrew Crossley wrote:
> I use the csh shell.  I don't mind it, in fact i like it.  I use an extensive
> collection of aliases.  Be buggered if i can get 'em in kde.  i've put them
"Fakten, Fakten, Fakten" please (A joke for the German readers... :-)

What exactly does this mean?
The aliases don't work in xterms and such?

Do you start the xterms as "login shells"?
Where do you define your aliases?
~/.cshrc or ~/.login or ~/.xsession (don't know if that works)?

> everywhere, but kde don't dee 'em.  i'm doing silly things like going to the
> console to scripts i have written and then returning to kde to work with them.
> Anyone got any ideas.  i want to push aliased pretty heavily and early in my
> book, and lets face it, kde is rapidly bemoning the most widley used X desktop
> environment.
Yes, it's a quickly spreading plague...
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.