Subject: Re: Long Filenames from CDROM
To: Andrew Crossley <toast@iinet.net.au>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/25/2000 21:16:00
On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Andrew Crossley wrote:

> Yeah i have 8.3 disabled in WinCrap, but i was more interested that the CURRENT
> kernal sees them, whereas RELEASE does not.  As Frank pointed out, CURRENT ( to
> be 1.5) supports them.  Problem is when i go to CURRENT my librairies don't
> match my kernal anymore (see earlier message).

The patch to add Joliet support is in PR-7951. I didn't request a pullup
to -current at the time I applied the patch because I wanted to be sure no
other problems were introduced by it.

Then of course, the need to submit a pullup slipped my mind. :-/

At the time, I successfully applied the patch to a stock 1.4.1 system, so
it may still be possible to apply it cleanly to your local source tree.

Cheers , Steve