Subject: Re: Cornerstone 21/72 monitor
To: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/23/2000 12:59:25
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, George Sollish wrote:

> I was able to acquire one of these 21" displays and wonder whether it is
> supported on 1.4.1-i386 platforms.  It has its own video card with a
> Cirrus Logic GD5420 chipset which my custom kernel finds as
> 'vga0 at pci0 dev 19 function 0: Cornerstone Technology product 0x0002
> (rev 0x01)' and 'Cornerstone Technology product 0x0002 (undefined subclass
> 0x00, rev 0x01) at pci0 dev 19 function 1 not configured'. XF86Setup-3.3.6
> (compiled yesterday) can't build a useable config file at any resolution.
>
> I also tried, without luck, driving it through a Trident 3DImage 975 card.
>
> Does anyone remember these old displays?

You might try referencing some of the fixed frequency FAQs out there (for
some older SUN monitors, etc...)  It appears to be a fixed frequency
monitor:

Input Signal
Video Signal : Analog
H Frequency : 28-90
V Frequency : 72 Hz

I found those at http://www.griffintechnology.com/monitors/Corne09.html

I've successfully run many a fixed frequency monitor, however, some after
after a bit of tinkering.

As for the card, I'm not sure; I've been able to run all of mine off of an
ATI Expert '98...

Hope this helps a bit.

-Jon
 "Can you count my penny?" | NetBSD on i386, Alpha, VAX, NeXT, SPARC,
 "One!"                    | Mac68k, and hopefully more...