Subject: Install problem - MicroVAX 2000
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Joules <peter@joules0.demon.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/21/2000 22:42:44
I have tried to boot my MV 2000 from tape and it gets as far as the
bootloader and then says that it cannot boot netbsd, followed by
netbsd.gz etc.  Is this the same problem booting from SCSI tape drive as
has prevented me from booting my 3100 from tape.  Can anyone offer any
suggestions?

I have also tried netbooting it.  I have followed Brian Chase's
instructions to set up a NetBSD 486 as a boot server but when I load
mopd with the -a -d switches it complains that the -d switch was given
at it isn't running as a daemon.  Any suggestions?  That aside, when I
try to boot the VAX, I get:

>>>b/100 esa0

Bootfile: mopboot

-ESA0

%VMB-F-ERR, PC = 00000765
%VMB-I-STS, RO = 0000090A
  84 FAIL

Does this mean that my NIC in the VAX is knackered?

--
Regards
Pete