Subject: Re: USB Ethernet
To: Ian Main <imain@netidea.com>
From: Nate Johnston <njohnston@broadwing.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/17/2000 09:15:47
On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Ian Main wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience with a particular USB
> ethernet adaptor.  I bought a DLINK 650, but couldn't get it to work (even
> tried on a win98 box and couldn't get it to work.. might be a bumb card,
> dunno).
>
> So anyway, I'm sending this one back, but I'd like to get one working, any
> suggestions on a model ?

I have a Linksys 10 Mb USB Ethernet adapter, and I would definitely
reccomend against it.  I had to upgrade to -current to get the USB
ethernet drivers, which are quite nice.  The device wirked quite well,
most of the time.  Occasionally, it would hang the computer with a message
saying "USB processor dead" or something like that - I'll see if I can
replicate.

It also wouldn't work under Win98, with the vendor supplied driver disks.

--N.