Subject: emul in a dev environment
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/02/2000 07:08:42
I need to do some development using a package which isn't native on
NetBSD.  The company provides this software (which consists of a few
dynamic libraries and a few executables) for Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris,
but not for NetBSD.  I know that I should be able to set up emulation to
run the executables, but will I be able to develop a native NetBSD app
which links against their [emulated] libraries?  Or does emulation not
imply compilation?

Thanks!

-Jon
 "Can you count my penny?" | NetBSD on i386, Alpha, VAX, NeXT, SPARC,
 "One!"                    | Mac68k, and hopefully more...