Subject: Re: printcap entry, and my printer
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Matheis <sean@pentex.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/30/1999 15:58:54
On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 10:02:06 +1100, Ryo-ohki informed me that
Simon Burge wrote:

* At least in the termcap case we access it via a Berkeley DB file, so
* performance isn't an issue.  Doesn't everyone have an old Teleray in
* the basement? :-)
*
* Maybe we should keep a reasonable set of samples in
* /usr/share/examples/printcap and mention this boldly in both lpd(8) and
* printcap(5) manpages.

Sounds like a splendid idea.  I'm all for better documentation aimed
at informing the "less than guru" style user figure things out =)

As for my setup, I've gotten magicfilter installed (god that thing
is a bloated PIG in terms of what it required to build), and will give it
run when I get home tonight.

*
* Simon.
*