Subject: printcap entry, and my printer
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Matheis <sean@pentex.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/29/1999 21:00:59
Hi.

I'm trying to get my HP LaserJet 6MP (6P + Adobe PS SIMM) setup on
my Netbsd 1.3.2 machine.  I can get the printer to print out postscript
output, but the following things happen that I don't want:

  * It prints out a bungled header page.
  * It barfs when trying to print out non-ps (ie. lpr <foo>)

Here is the entry in my /etc/printcap file for the printer:

***snip***
lp|ps|My HP 6MP:\
	:lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/printers/ps:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:mx#0:\
        :sh=true:
***snip***

I've tried both /dev/lpt0 and /dev/lpa0, and both produce similar results,
in that the header page is printed and I"m not sure where I need to go
to disable it.  I've looked through lpc, lpd, printcap man pages to no
avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sean (sean@pentex.org)