Subject: Re: Acer CRW
To: Emre <emre@iris.vsrc.uab.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/16/1999 01:17:18
Emre writes:

> I should have posted this to port-i386@ or tech-misc@ but I figured this
> list is the most active one.
>
> I have a Acer 6X CD Rewriter, it's IDE.  Do these work yet?  I couldn't
> find anything on the i386 hardware support list so I thought I'd ask here.
> I installed cdrecord, but it looks like it only works with SCSI drives.
> Thanks!

I've used the same drive with cdrecord-current (in pkgsrc) under NetBSD/i386
-current.  I only burned one CDRW (successful), and then erased it.  Worked
ok.  So.. It should work.

> cd1 at atapibus1 drive 0: <CRW6206A, , 1.2A> type 5 cdrom removable
> cd1: 32-bits data port
> cd1: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2
I have the same drive:
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <CRW6206A, , 1.6A> type 5 cdrom removable
cd0: 32-bits data port
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2

You definitely should upgrade your firmware!  I found the 1.6A code via
the links from http://www.ahead.de (nero site).

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.