Subject: Re: some stupid question I had to ask
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Emre <emre@iris.vsrc.uab.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/15/1999 11:21:16
> No.  Work is being done *right now* to provide SMP on Alpha and Sparc.

Whoa...that's even better!
If NetBSD would use all processors in my Ultra 60 I would dump buggy
Slowaris for life.

It kinda makes sense though.  I don't understand people that use SMP intel
boxes (note that server was not my idea :) anyway.

> There are patches available for i386 that find the second processor, but
> nothing more.

Heh, just curious...what's the purpose of those patches?  So are you
saying they will only make the other processor show up on dmesg and that's
it?

---
Emre Yildirim
DH/DSS KeyID: 0xA007E75C | RSA KeyID: 0xFD5FD2C7