Subject: Re: Cobalt Qube support?
To: Ryan Woodsmall <c716128@showme.missouri.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/09/1999 13:03:24
Ryan Woodsmall writes:
> These are MIPS machines...  I do believe that they are R5000-based
> machines, but don't quote me on that.  As for what they are: IDE hard
> disk, PCI bus with one open slot, they use DIMM memory, built-in dual
> ethernet, built-in serial ports, NO graphics, but that could be changed
> using the PCI slot...  I emailed Cobalt about this, and they said it could
> be done, but I was on my own.  I have no kernel/driver prowess whatsoever,
> and I didn't have the money to sink in one of these ultra-cool little
> machines, so it never got done.  As for getting anything but Linux 2.0 to
> run on these, it would be a daunting task, but it could be done.  I don't
> know how open Cobalt is on their specs.  That's just about all I know
> about these things...  Hope this helps at least somewhat.

cpu                     : MIPS
cpu model               : Nevada V10.0
system type             : Cobalt Networks Server
BogoMIPS                : 249.86
byteorder               : little endian
unaligned accesses      : 16
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
extra interrupt vector  : yes
hardware watchpoint     : no

PCI devices found:
  Bus  0, device  12, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: DEC DC21142 (rev 65).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 13.  Master Capable.  Lat
ency=128.  Min Gnt=20.Max Lat=40.
      I/O at 0x10101000.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x41a79c00.
  Bus  0, device   9, function  2:
    USB Controller: VIA Technologies VT 82C586 Apollo USB (rev 2).
      Medium devsel.  Master Capable.  Latency=22.
      I/O at 0x300.
  Bus  0, device   9, function  1:
    IDE interface: VIA Technologies VT 82C586 Apollo IDE (rev 6).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 14.  Master Capable.  Lat
ency=64.
      I/O at 0xcc00.
  Bus  0, device   9, function  0:
    ISA bridge: VIA Technologies VT 82C586 Apollo ISA (rev 39).
      Medium devsel.  Master Capable.  No bursts.
  Bus  0, device   7, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: DEC DC21142 (rev 65).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 4.  Master Capable.  Late
ncy=128.  Min Gnt=20.Max Lat=40.
      I/O at 0x10100000.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x95aeb400.
  Bus  0, device   0, function  0:
    Memory: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 17).
      Vendor id=11ab. Device id=4146.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.  Latency=64.

      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x8000000.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x1c000000.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x1f000000.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x14000000.
      I/O at 0x14000000.

Linux version 2.0.34 (root@cj.cobaltnet.com) (gcc version 2.7.2) #1 Thu Mar 25
20:13:02 PST 1999

0070-007f : rtc
100001f0-100001f7 : ide0
100003f6-100003f6 : ide0
1000cc00-1000cc07 : IDE DMA
1000cc08-1000cc0f : IDE DMA
10100000-1010007f : 21142
10101000-1010107f : 21142
b0000020-b000003f : pic1
b00000a0-b00000bf : pic2

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.