Subject: Re: Availability of pi/px/pix/pxref/pxp ?
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
From: Lou Glassy <glassy@caesar.cs.montana.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/05/1999 13:22:46
On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 05:32:21 -0600 (CST)
> From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
> Subject: Re: Availability of pi/px/pix/pxref/pxp ?
>
> There's also p2c in our package system.
>
> I don't know how it compares to the gpc that someone mentioned---but p2c
> (in our packages system already) supports several Pascal dialects and
> spits out C code.  From the first paragraph of the man page:
[...]

>        be acceptable as the new source files for a program.  In a
>        pinch, p2c will also serve as an ad hoc Pascal compiler.

Well, I really do want a Pascal compiler.  I'll go look at gpc again.
According to the bug-listings at the main gpc web site, gpc's static type
checking still has many holes in it.

--
Monkey 347:     Doesn't it bother you that we're ripping off our customers,
		by making them PAY to beta-test the crap we sell?

        -- from "The Adventures of Code Monkey #347"