Subject: Re: The next release??
To: Hirohito Higuchi <hirohito@msi.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bosch.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/16/1999 15:57:15
Hi,

Hirohito Higuchi wrote:
>  I am using NetBSD1.4-i386.
>  As you know,this is a.out based OS.
>
>  Well,I'm wondering when the elf based NetBSD is released.

AFAIK, there are no fixed schedules set for the next release.
But I am not a member of core, or whoever decides on this
schedule.

>  I am so nervous about it,because it seems difficult to
> make my NetBSD change to elf based from a.out based.

IIRC, there is a snapshot for i386 somewhere on the netbsd
ftp server. If you don't mind running a non-release version,
this would be the way to go. Once you are running ELF, recompiling
ELF kernel/userland shouldn't be a problem.

>  I'm afraid that I just only subscribe "netbsd-users".

Don't worry. You could search the archives (on www.netbsd.org),
but IIRC, this issue has only been discussed on current-users.

Hpe that helps,

  Guenther