Subject: Re: private account setup for user using samba ?
To: Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/13/1999 17:29:18
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Chan Yiu Wah wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently installed and configure the samba on my netbsd-current (i386).
> I had successfully setup the samba and allow the client to view the
> the files on the server.  However,  I have problem in setting private
> account for the users.  I follow the smb.conf.default to setup the
> private account for users . when I tried to view the content of the
> private directory for the users, password is prompted and I cannot get in
> enev though I supply the correct password.  I had set the security = user
> in the [global].  Here is the priavte account section.
>
> [clarence]
>    comment = clarence's directory
>    path = /usr/clarence
>    valid users = clarence
>    public = no
>    writable = yes
>    printable = no
>
> Can anyone help.  Thanks.

If your'e using '95 or '98 on the client side type NET CONFIG at the dos
prompt and check that the username is the same as the one samba expects

'98 lets you use something like \\user%machine\share (I can't remember the
exact syntax, and i've fairly sure that example is wrong) in the 'Map network
drive' dialog box. 95 only lets you use the username you loged in as
(which really, really sucks).

--
    They were so ignorant! Young men and women, educated very carefully to
be apolitical, to be technicians who thought they disliked politics, making