Subject: Re: what is the proper procedure to use the samba server
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/12/1999 11:04:21
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 08:53:27PM +0800, Chan Yiu Wah wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thank you for your pointer on configure the smb.  I have successfully passed
> > all the test described in DIAGNOSIS.txt.  What is the proper procedures to
> > release the samba to the machines on the LAN.  Can anyone show me the steps?
> > I am newbie in using the samba.  Thanks.
>
> Well, if your smb.conf is correct just start 'nmbd -D' and 'smbd -D'

and the usual way for doing this automatically is:

copy /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/samba.sh.sample to /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/samba.sh and
then in /etc/rc.local add something like:

#
# SAMBA
#
if [ -f /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/samba.sh ]; then
        /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/samba.sh
fi

this will make samba start automatically at boot time.

-Dan