Subject: Re: how to setup smb for a lan of Win98
To: Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/08/1999 11:30:14
On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 02:10:53PM +0800, Chan Yiu Wah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am going to setup the smb for my LAN using Win98.  However, I don't konw
> how to start even I had read the smb introduction.  Can anyone show me your
> examples of smb.conf and steps so that I can learn it step by step.  Thanks.

If you installed samba from pkgsrc, you have a sample file already, called
/usr/pkg/examples/smb.conf.example (replace /usr/pkg as appropriate if you
have modified /etc/mk.conf)

There are lots of doc and example files in the samba distribution, which
will have been unpacked under the pkgsrc/net/samba/work/samba-(version)/, docs
and examples directory.

Also, see the FAQ at www.samba.org

Any sufficiently advanced Common Sense will seem like magic...
					      - me