Subject: ATA pcmcia card?
To: 'netbsd-users@netbsd.org' <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lindgren, Jon <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/13/1999 07:30:45

------_=_NextPart_001_01BECD23.24916550

Hey there.  I just finished a 1.4 install on an old Midwest Micro notebook.
Fantastic - everything (including the pcmcia ethernet card) is running
excellently.  Currently, I'm rebuilding the kernel on it, and it seems solid
so far.

I would, however, like to get to my flash/ata card working.  I get the usual
"not configured" line from the kernel when I insert the card, along with
some stray interrupt messages.  When I remove the card, it panics with a
"force_detatch" failed message (I believe - sorry, I'm not in front of the
machine now).

Can anyone throw a line at me for the flash/ata cards?  It shows up as a
Sansdisk, I believe, and is marked as ATA compatible.  Also, does anyone
know what the "stray interrupt" message means?

As a third, is there a general reference for pcmcia under NetBSD?  Is it
like apmd in that some scripts are run in response to events (i.e. card
inserted)?  Is there a FAQ?  If not, I'd be happy to contribute...

Thanks.

-Jon Lindgren
 "My employer apologizes for their love of markup."

------_=_NextPart_001_01BECD23.24916550

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2232.0">
<TITLE>ATA pcmcia card?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hey there.&nbsp; I just finished a 1.4 install on an =
old Midwest Micro notebook.&nbsp; Fantastic - everything (including the =
pcmcia ethernet card) is running excellently.&nbsp; Currently, I'm =
rebuilding the kernel on it, and it seems solid so far.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I would, however, like to get to my flash/ata card =
working.&nbsp; I get the usual &quot;not configured&quot; line from the =
kernel when I insert the card, along with some stray interrupt =
messages.&nbsp; When I remove the card, it panics with a =
&quot;force_detatch&quot; failed message (I believe - sorry, I'm not in =
front of the machine now).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Can anyone throw a line at me for the flash/ata =
cards?&nbsp; It shows up as a Sansdisk, I believe, and is marked as ATA =
compatible.&nbsp; Also, does anyone know what the &quot;stray =
interrupt&quot; message means?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>As a third, is there a general reference for pcmcia =
under NetBSD?&nbsp; Is it like apmd in that some scripts are run in =
response to events (i.e. card inserted)?&nbsp; Is there a FAQ?&nbsp; If =
not, I'd be happy to contribute...</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-Jon Lindgren</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&quot;My employer apologizes for their love of =
markup.&quot;</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>