Subject: address database recommendation
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/02/1999 10:43:53
anyone have a recommendation for a database program for storing addresses
and telephone numbers?  I'm interested in storing a few hundred entries
and then being able to look up by various methods (name, company,
keywords, etc.)  Is MySQL the right tool for such a thing?  This is my
last thing to fix to make myself totally microsoft free....  I'm not too
scared of spending some time learning how to use a real database program,
but don't want to invest 20 hours of learning to use one and find its not
even an appropriate tool.

Thanks in advance.

-Dan

ps, I posted to netbsd-users because if the program doens't run under
NetBSD, then I'm not interested.