Subject: Re: kerberos IV for dummies?
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/27/1999 18:45:15
>> But I'm pretty sure there
>> is an O'Reilly book with the three-headed dog on the cover if you want it.
>> i could be misremembering.
>
>No, O'Reilly's never had a book on Kerberos. However, AW just
>published one, which I think is the first that deals with this.
>It's a slim (162 or 192 page, depending on whom you ask :-))
>relatively cheap ($19.95) volume. You can find it at either of
>these URLs:

indeeed, this is the first book that i know of that deals solely with
kerberos.  the best before this was a cursory mention in a half dozen
books, and once in a while, a book that spent an entire chapter on it.

>    http://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/bookinfo/bookinfo.asp?theisbn=0201379244
>    http://store.awl.com/scatalog/offer.mhtml?sho=0-201-37924-4&n=1

it's also worth mentioning

    http://www.isi.edu/~brian/security/kerberos.html

where you can find the author's "moron's guide to kerberos" pages
whence this book had its beginnings.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|