Subject: Re: Anyone in here object to random chatter?
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/31/1999 10:39:05
On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 08:49:15AM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:

> The list tells us ``keep the technical content high''.  Why would it say
> that if it wasn't intended for technical discussions?

I'm not saying it's *not* for technical discussions. I'm just saying that
I'd like to see the list used for chatter as well.

What useful and unique role does netbsd-users serve now, when we already
have:

netbsd-help
port-foo
tech-foo
current-users

???

> This could be a bad idea.  As a human being, I have a moderately long
> life-expectancy and eat lots of other things. Given the times that I live
> in, lots of non-degradable toxins have doubtless built up in me.  But, I
> am nonetheless duly honored.

There's always the thumb thing... That would pretty much minimize the toxic
impact.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped