Subject: Video for Linux -- for NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <czyz@u.washington.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/16/1999 12:26:49
Unfortunately I don't have any TV Cards or Video encoding or decoding
hardware as of yet, but I just thought I'd bring the Video 4 Linux
project to your attention in the hopes that some NetBSD developer folk
might be interested in trying to make it work with NetBSD:

    Video4linux is a project to provide a common API to video sources,
    tuning sources, teletext and other TV related VBI data.

(a new project, video for linux 2)
http://millennium.diads.com/bdirks/v4l2.htm
(the original project)
http://roadrunner.swansea.linux.org.uk/v4l.shtml

Some of the video4Linux projects are pretty exciting. There are a
bunch of TV cards and digital cameras already supported, but drivers
for mpeg encoding and decoding cards are in the works. Possibly even
DVD decoding cards like the SigmaDesigns Hollywood Plus...

Here's a list of a few interesting video4Linux 2 projects:
http://millennium.diads.com/bdirks/peopleprojects.htm

It would be nifty if other NetBSD folk were as interested in these
projects as I am. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
-Zach Fine
czyz@u.washington.edu