Subject: Re: Login banner change?
To: Brian Ginsbach <ginsbach@spacestar.net>
From: Kevin M. Lahey <kml@nas.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/14/1999 17:45:14
In message <36EB30B3.237C228A@spacestar.net>Brian Ginsbach writes
>Kevin M. Lahey wrote:
>>
>> Nah, there was a set of patches put out and (I think) a PR.
>> I mentioned that I'd put it into the tree, but I haven't yet.
>
>Is this the same as what was added to FreeBSD's version of getty?  It
>supports a gettytab capability of "if" so a file like /etc/issue (a
>SYSVism) can be used.  I was just looking at this the other day.
>It doesn't look like it would be to difficult to take what FreeBSD
>did and plop it into the NetBSD getty.

This was a separate set of patches, but, yeah, it seems pretty
straight-forward.  Somebody just needs to test it and check it in;
I'll try to get that done next week.  If someone else is feeling
more motivated, don't let me stand in your way! :-)

The patches were mentioned in a mail message to, I think, current-users
a few weeks ago.

Kevin
kml@nas.nasa.gov