Subject: RE: Root, toor accounts.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/13/1999 09:51:14
> I usually set toor to come up as tcsh (since I like it more).  I
> can still do
> single user, nothing mounted stuff, as root and if things are
> mounted I can
> be in a more preferred, by me, shell.

A static linked tcsh is < 500k on i386. I always spent this extra space in
bin (although it's less usefull in single-user mode without /usr mounted due
to missing termcap).

Anyway, the double account doesn't make sens by default (i.e. if you use
/bin/sh). Any 'root' should know how to change it's own shell (and take
appropriate safety options, if it's a dynamic executable).

So my vote: drop the unneded ids from the distribution (most new users won't
associate anything with "falcon").

Martin