Subject: Re: Login banner change?
To: Jon Lindgren <jonl@yubyub.net>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/11/1999 23:25:49
Jon Lindgren <jonl@yubyub.net> writes:

> > Is is possible [using the stock login and telnetd] to change the login
> > banner that the user sees (before logging in)?
>
> Perhaps I should've included that I would like it to cat a file, and
> gettytab seems to only support a few strings or so...
>
> Is this possible?

	Nope, we don't seem to have support for doing that. It's
actually telnetd and getty that would need to be tweaked to do
this... it shouldn't be hard, and there are plenty of capabilites free
in gettytab that could be used. I'd use "if", for "initial file", to
go along with "im" for "initial message".

	- Nathan